In Killing in C Sharp, Aed Devlin chooses to compose an opera despite warnings of a curse.
- Do you believe in curses?
- If someone warned you against doing something important to you because the consequences to others would be severe, would you do it anyway?
Gethsemane has to let a ghost hunting crew investigate Carraigfaire to repay a favor.
- Have you ever done something you dreaded to repay a favor?
- Are you a fan of ghost-hunting shows?
- Have you ever been on a ghost hunt? What happened?
- How would you react to have strangers with cameras and other recording equipment in your home?
Both Gethsemane and Father Tim fear the consequences if the ghost hunters find proof that ghosts exist, for different reasons.
- What do you think would happen if someone proved ghosts existed?
- Have you ever hidden the truth because you feared the consequences if the truth was known? Would you?
Maja is determined to avenge herself for wrongs committed against her centuries ago.
- Do you hold grudges? What’s the longest amount of time you’ve held a grudge?
- Is revenge a dish best served cold?
- Is revenge ever justified? Does it do more harm to the person seeking vengeance than to the targets of the revenge?
The people who wronged Maja are long dead, so she exacts her revenge on those who remind her of what her attackers most valued.
- Can vengeance be taken too far? Do the ends ever justify the means?
- Is “collateral damage” ever okay in the quest for vengeance?
- How far would you go to stop someone who jeopardized your friends’ lives?